- New! The May Doubles tournament results summary is below..
- New! Updated Match Point Brochure and "How to Join" info sheet are available for download in PDF format. Use them for yourself or to help a friend learn about the benefits and mechanics of joining up!
- Notice! Starting in April, tournament fees have increased to $20 per player. Membership fees are now $25 annually.
- New! The combined Mar/Apr newsletter is linked in the sidebar.
- New! Points leaders after the April tourney are in the sidebar
- New! Points earned by everyone thru April will be found on the Points Listings page in the menu above
- New! The members list is updated as of May 4th
- Newish! The Board of Directors has new members! See the list below.
- Newish!! There was a recent article in the Republic about the PTC refurbishment. Link to it here..
Please Note: If you aren't getting expected email from Match Point, check your spam folder. If it's in there, you should be able to tell your email client it's not spam. In Outlook, right-click on the email and select "Add sender to safe senders list" from the Junk E-mail sub-menu. In AOL or Netscape, select the email and click on the "Not spam" button.
- You must be a MatchPoint member to play in our tournaments See " How to Join" for the procedure and more information about the club.
- All tournaments are played at Phoenix Tennis Center, 6330 N. 21st Ave. Phoenix, Arizona 85015 (602) 249-3712
- To enter a tournament, do one of the following:
- Click here to pay your entry fees securely online using PayPal or your credit card. The information you fill in the PayPal form is your entry, and will be sent to Gale automatically.
- US Mail or E-mail: Click the link in the tourney description to see the form, fill it in, and print or send it using the links in the form.
- Phone: Call Gale Kristof at 602.973.1135 (please try to use one of the above methods if you can to reduce the number of calls)
June 2015 CYOP Mixed Doubles tournament
When: Friday Jun 26, 2015 to Saturday Jun 28, 2014. Matches will be played in the nighttime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Jun 20, 2015
Entry fee: $20
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the June CYOP tournament.
July 2015 CYOP Doubles tournament
When: Friday Jul 17, 2015 to Saturday Jul 19, 2014. Matches will be played in the nighttime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Jul 11, 2015
Entry fee: $20
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the July CYOP tournament.
MAY 15, 16 & 17 LOD DOUBLES
Note: All scheduled matches for Friday night were delayed to Sunday due to rain.
Final: Nilo Baylon & Erick Ottoson def. Jason Partney & Russ Terao 7-5, 6-2
Consolation: Bill Deppey & Jeff McMichael (2) def. John Denboer & John Gottschalk (1) 6-1, 4-6, 10-0
Final: Natalie Bergquist & Karen Taylor (1) def Jessy Guaranda & Nikolina Vukadin (2) 1-6, 6-1, 10-6
Consolation: ChristiAnne Stephens & Carmen Walker def. Makiko Brandon & Elena Wolter 6-3, 7-6
Final: Alex Pan & Richard West (1) vs. Michael McDonald & Will Schreiber To be scheduled
Consolation: Dale Cox & Mike Locher vs. Julio Gamez & Steve Krupanszky To be scheduled
Final: Anna Duffey & Christine Wilson vs. Jackie Cody & Sofia Sebesta (2) To be scheduled
Consolation: Pam Kinney & Sue Rodriguez (1) vs Jami Becraft & Cathy Cimato To be scheduled
Final: John Chappman & Bill Woodson (1) def. Jason Lucas & Jorge Soto (2) 6-2, 6-4
Consolation: Obi E. & David Pool def. Mark Barry & Brian Metz 7-5, 7-5
Final: Sharon Cardoza & Sherri VanLeer (2) def. Maddie Liseblad & Laura Slawny (1) walkover
Consolation: Marissa Francisco & Chandra Schanklin vs. Kathy Maya & Susan Rose To be scheduled
To get a copy of: Friend At Court - The USTA Handbook of Tennis Rules and Regulations: click this link
Board Members (April 2014 to March 2015)Click here to open/close the list of board members
- Jade LeWin
- Gale Kristof
- Operations (Scheduling, Tournaments, Roster, Ranking...)
- Marrisa Francisco
- Kathy Becker
- Marge Threewit
- Dave Becker
- Social Chairman
- David Filani
- Phoenix Tennis Center Upgrade Project
- Jack Romanowicz
- Web Master
- Dick Sheldon
- Awards & Trophies
- Paul Harbinson
- A Men Representative
- Charo Deglane
- A Women Representative
- Jack Bruso
- B Men Representative
- Barbara White
- B Women Representative
- Michael McDonald
- C Men Representative
- Kerry Loudenslagel
- C Women Representative