- New! The results for the March 12-13 singles tournament are below and as a downloadable document on the Results page. The March finals photos are above and on the Pix page.
- New! The full 2016 schedule will now showing on the Schedule page.
- New! The members list is updated as of April 1st
- New! Points earned by everyone thru the March tourney are found on the Points Listings page
- Newish! The board member list below has been updated. Check out the vacancies & see if you'd like to volunteer. The obligations are not very onerous. A Secretary is the most urgent opening
- Note: The Match Point Brochure and "How to Join" info sheet are updated as of Jan 20th, 2016 are available for download in PDF format. Use them for yourself or to help a friend learn about the benefits and mechanics of joining up!
- Note: The points leaders table in the sidebar has been removed pending a decision as to how to handle the A+/A divisions. The full points list is still available on the Points Listing page.
- Note: Definitions of the skill levels for the 4 divisions can be found here.
Please Note: If you aren't getting expected email from Match Point, check your spam folder. If it's in there, you should be able to tell your email client it's not spam. In Outlook, right-click on the email and select "Add sender to safe senders list" from the Junk E-mail sub-menu. In AOL or Netscape, select the email and click on the "Not spam" button.
- You must be a MatchPoint member to play in our tournaments See " How to Join" for the procedure and more information about the club.
- All tournaments are played at Phoenix Tennis Center, 6330 N. 21st Ave. Phoenix, Arizona 85015 (602) 249-3712
- To enter a tournament, do one of the following:
- Click here to pay your entry fees securely online using PayPal or your credit card. The information you fill in the PayPal form is your entry, and will be sent to Gale automatically.
- US Mail or E-mail: Click the link in the tourney description to see the form, fill it in, and print or send it using the links in the form.
- Phone: Call Gale Kristof at 602.973.1135 (please try to use one of the above methods if you can to reduce the number of calls)
Link to full available tournament schedule
May 2016 LOD Doubles tournament
When: Friday May 20, 2016 to Sunday May 22, 2016. Matches will be played in the nighttime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday May 14, 2016
Entry fee: $20
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the May LOD tournament.
June 2016 CYOP Mixed Doubles tournament
When: Friday Jun 24, 2016 to Sunday Jun 26, 2016. Matches will be played in the nighttime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Jun 18, 2016
Entry fee: $20
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the June CYOP tournament.
MARCH 12 & 13 SINGLES
Note: 10 point super tiebreak played in lieu of a full third set.
Final: Erik Josephs def. Michael Harmon 7-5, 2-6, 13-11
Semifinal: Erik Josephs def. Joel Robison 6-1, 7-5
Semifinal: Michael Harmon def. Nilo Baylon 6-2, 6-3
Consolation Final: John Denboer def. Frank Miller 6-1, 6-2
Final: Delaney Harbin (2) def. Kenneth Arrick 6-2, 6-2
Semifinal: Delaney Harbin (2) def. Erick Ottoson 6-3, 6-3
Semifinal: Kenneth Arrick def. Jeremy Loeb 6-1, 6-4
Consolation Final: Paul Harbinson (1) def. David Mendelsohn 6-1, 6-4
Final: Jordan Weeston (2) def. David Javier 6-0, 6-1
Semifinal: Jordan Weeston (2) def Jorge Soto 7-6(4), 1-6, 10-7
Semifinal: David Javier def. Miguel Serrano 6-2, 6-1
Consolation Final: Jack Anderson def. Will Schreiber 6-4, 7-5
Final: Stephanie Washburn def. Jackie Cody (1) 6-2, 6-3
Semifinal: Stephanie Washburn def. Cathy Cimato (2) 6-0, 6-2
Seimfinal: Jackie Cody (1) def. Julie Gunderson 6-2, 6-1
Consolation Final: Sandra Kindred def. Anna Duffey 6-1, 5-7, 10-5
Final: Siva Mani def. Alan Chung (1) 4-6, 6-0, 10-6
Semifinal: Siva Mani def. def. Cal Peters 6-2, 6-0
Semifinal: Alan Chung (1) def. Nate Alderson 4-6, 6-0, 10-8
Consolation Final: Dennis Cardoza def. Obi E. (2) 6-4, 6-2
Final: Shannon Carter (2) def. Sharon Cazardoza 6-2, 6-4
Semifinal: Shannon Carter (2) def. Chandra Shanklin 6-3, 6-4
Semfinal: Sharon Cardoza def. Marrisa Francisco (1) 7-5, 7-6
Consolation Final: Julia Fitsimones def. Morri Gentry 6-3, 6-1
To get a copy of: Friend At Court - The USTA Handbook of Tennis Rules and Regulations: click this link
Board Members (April 2015 to March 2016)Click here to open/close the list of board members
- Jade LeWin
- Gale Kristof
- Operations (Scheduling, Tournaments, Roster, Ranking...)
- Marrisa Francisco
- OPEN -- please contact a board member if you would like to be the board Secretary
- Marge Threewit
- OPEN - Why not volunteer?
- Social Chairman
- David Filani
- Phoenix Tennis Center Upgrade Project
- Jack Romanowicz
- Web Master
- Dick Sheldon
- Awards & Trophies
- A+ Men's Representative
- OPEN -- why not volunteer?
- A+ Women's Representative
- John Denboer
- A Men Representative
- Natalie Berquist
- A Women Representative
- Jack Bruso
- B Men Representative
- Christine Revolinski
- B Women Representative
- Lydell Francisco
- C Men Representative
- Kerry Loudenslagel
- C Women Representative
- New! The board member list below has been updated. Check out the vacancies & see if you'd like to volunteer. The obligations are not very onerous. A Secretary is the most urgent opening.