- New! Draws for the January tourney are linked in the sidebar
- New! Points leaders after the December tourney are in the sidebar
- New! Points earned lists thru December can be found on the Points Listings page in the menu above
- The December newsletter is linked in the sidebar
- December Singles result summary is below
- The members list is updated as of November 4th
- No longer new! Click here to donate toward PTC court accessories.
- Old News! The Match Point Brochure in PDF format is available for download.
Please Note: If you aren't getting expected email from Match Point, check your spam folder. If it's in there, you should be able to tell your email client it's not spam. In Outlook, right-click on the email and select "Add sender to safe senders list" from the Junk E-mail sub-menu. In AOL or Netscape, select the email and click on the "Not spam" button.
- You must be a MatchPoint member to play in our tournaments See " How to Join" for the procedure and more information about the club.
- All tournaments are played at Phoenix Tennis Center, 6330 N. 21st Ave. Phoenix, Arizona 85015 (602) 249-3712
- To enter a tournament, do one of the following:
- Click here to pay your entry fees securely online using PayPal or your credit card. The information you fill in the PayPal form is your entry, and will be sent to Gale automatically.
- US Mail or E-mail: Click the link in the tourney description to see the form, fill it in, and print or send it using the links in the form.
- Phone: Call Gale Kristof at 602.973.1135 (please try to use one of the above methods if you can to reduce the number of calls)
February 2015 CYOP Doubles tournament
When: Saturday Feb 7, 2015 to Saturday Feb 8, 2014. Matches will be played in the daytime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Jan 31, 2015
Entry fee: $20
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the February CYOP tournament.
March 2015 Singles tournament
When: Saturday Mar 7, 2015 to Saturday Mar 8, 2014. Matches will be played in the daytime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Feb 28, 2015
Entry fee: $15
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the March Singles tournament.
(Note: 10 point super tie break played instead of a full third set)
Final: Jose Hernandez (1) def. Usman Nabi (2) 3-6, 6-3, 10-8
Semifinal: Jose Hernandez (1) def. John Denboer (4) 7-6, 6-4
Semifinal: Usman Nabi (2) def, Nilo Baylon (3) 6-4, 6-2
Consolation Final: Lenny Maher def. Samson Sammeta 6-0, 6-1
Final: Nikolina Vukadin (1) def. Stella So 6-2, 6-2
Semifinal: Nikolina Vukadin (1) def. Aleksandra Buha 1-6, 6-3, 10-7
Semifinal: Stella So def. Elena Wolter 6-3, 7-6(5)
Consolation Final: Joey Ball walkover
Final: Tom Sparkman def. Aditya Nambiar 6-3, 6-4
Semifinal: Tom Sparkman def. Greg Maupin (3) 7-5, 6-4
Semifinal: Aditya Nambiar def. Frank Messmer 5-7,6-4, 10-5
Consolation Final: Evan Lewis def. Richard West 6-1, 4-6, 11-9
Final: Natalie Bergquist (2) def. Jackie Cody (1) 7-6(3), 4-6, 10-4
Semifinal: Natalie Bergquist (2) def Natasha Huzevka 6-3, 6-0
Semifinal: Jackie Cody (1) def. Liz Shafer 7-6(5), 6-1
Consolation Final: Sofia Sebesta def. Kathy McCoy 6-0, 6-0
Final: Jorge Soto (1) def. Matthew Michaelson 3-6, 6-1, 12-10
Semifinal: Jorge Soto (1) def. Mark Horlings (4) 6-0, 6-4
Semifinal: Matthew Michaelson def. Alan Chung 6-0, 6-2
Consolation Final: Cal Peters def. Charlie Simmons 6-3, 6-3
Final: Stephanie Washburn def. Marrisa Gittisarn (3) 2-6, 6-3, 10-8
Semifinal: Stephanie Washburn def. Sherri VanLeer (4) 6-3, 6-3
Semifinal: Marrisa Gittisarn (3) def. Jennifer Grundy (1) 6-3, 6-3
Consolation Final: Lynda Jimenez (1) def. Susan Rose 6-3, 6-3
To get a copy of: Friend At Court - The USTA Handbook of Tennis Rules and Regulations: click this link
Board Members (April 2014 to March 2015)
- Jade LeWin
- Gale Kristof
- Operations (Scheduling, Tournaments, Roster, Ranking...)
- Roger Honey
- Kathy Becker
- Marge Threewit
- Dave Becker
- Social Chairman
- David Filani
- Phoenix Tennis Center Upgrade Project
- Jack Romanowicz
- Web Master
- Dick Sheldon
- Awards & Trophies
- Paul Harbinson
- A Men Representative
- Charo Deglane
- A Women Representative
- Jack Bruso
- B Men Representative
- Marge Threewit
- B Women Representative
- Michael McDonald
- C Men Representative
- Kerry Loudenslagel
- C Women Representative