- New! Some of the Finals results for the Nov 14-15 CYOP Doubles.tournament are shown below.
- New! The points leaders table has been removed pending a decision as to how to handle the A+/A divisions. The full points list is still available on the Points Listing page.
- New! The members list is updated as of November 3rd
- New! Points earned by everyone thru the October tourney are found on the Points Listings page in the menu above
- Note! Definitions of the skill levels for the 4 divisions can be found here.
- Note: Updated Match Point Brochure and "How to Join" info sheet are available for download in PDF format. Use them for yourself or to help a friend learn about the benefits and mechanics of joining up!
Please Note: If you aren't getting expected email from Match Point, check your spam folder. If it's in there, you should be able to tell your email client it's not spam. In Outlook, right-click on the email and select "Add sender to safe senders list" from the Junk E-mail sub-menu. In AOL or Netscape, select the email and click on the "Not spam" button.
- You must be a MatchPoint member to play in our tournaments See " How to Join" for the procedure and more information about the club.
- All tournaments are played at Phoenix Tennis Center, 6330 N. 21st Ave. Phoenix, Arizona 85015 (602) 249-3712
- To enter a tournament, do one of the following:
- Click here to pay your entry fees securely online using PayPal or your credit card. The information you fill in the PayPal form is your entry, and will be sent to Gale automatically.
- US Mail or E-mail: Click the link in the tourney description to see the form, fill it in, and print or send it using the links in the form.
- Phone: Call Gale Kristof at 602.973.1135 (please try to use one of the above methods if you can to reduce the number of calls)
Note: September A+ and A divisions will be Choose Your Own Partner. B and C divisions will be Luck of the Draw
December 2015 Singles tournament
When: Saturday Dec 12, 2015 to Saturday Dec 13, 2014. Matches will be played in the daytime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Dec 5, 2015
Entry fee: $20
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the December Singles tournament.
NOVEMBER 14 & 15 Men’s & Ladies’ DOUBLES
Status following a rain delay on Sunday at noon
Final: John Denboer & Lenny Maher (1) vs. PJ Marranca & Diego Samaniego (3) to be scheduled
Semi-final: John Denboer & Lenny Maher (1) def. Amit Chawla & Arun Lux (4) 5-7, 6-3, 10-8
Semi-final: PJ Marranca & Diego Samaniego (3) def. Paul Apana & Jose Lazarini (2) 6-3, 6-4
Consolation: Bodie Hull & Rahul Rao def. Craig Abney & Jon Westervelt 6-2, 0-1 retire
Final: Kim Dever & Kristin Morgan (1) vs Sophie Cole & Yuka Shoji to be scheduled
Semi-final: Kim Dever & Kristin Morgan (1) def. Sue Kodiene & Kati Puhakainen 6-3, 6-4
Semi-final: Sophie Cole & Yuka Shoji def. Vanessa Bennett & Patty Medinger (2) 7-6, 6-2
Final: Kim Dever & Kristin Morgan (1) def. Sophie Cole & Yuka Shoji 5-7, 7-6 (7-5), 10-6
Consolation: Sue Kodiene & Kati Puhakainen vs Vanessa Bennett & Patty Medinger (2) to be scheduled
A Men: No draw this month due to insufficient entries
Final: Jade LeWin & Milena Capezzuto (1) vs Natasha Huzevka & Christine O’Hayre to be scheduled
Semi-final: Jade LeWin & Milena Capezzuto (1) def. Joey Ball & Lara Peto 6-4, 6-1
Semi-final: Natasha Huzevka & Christine O’Hayre def. Laura Bradley & Sara Inzerillo (2) 6-4, 6-2
Consolation: Jessy Guaranda & Sylvia Rivera vs Laura Bradley & Sara Inzerillo (2) completion 11/19 @ 6:30
Final: Will Schreiber & Masuda Sumihisa (4) vs Peter Tan & Richard West (3) tentative for 12/6 @ 9 a.m.
Semi-final: Will Schreiber & Masuda Sumihisa (4) def. Devin Steward & Jason McKinney 6-1, 6-1
Semi-final: Peter Tan & Richard West (3) def. Michael McDonald & Dan Skultety (2) 6-2, 7-5
Consolation: Alex Pan & Steve Krupanszky (1) def. Nathan Holtgrewe & Andre Zenda 2-6, 6-1, 10-5
Final: Pam Kinney & Dana Littles (4) vs. Carolyn O’Brien & Mary Ellen O’Brien (3) to be scheduled
Semi-final: Pam Kinney & Dana Littles (4) def. Anna Duffey & Christine Wilson (1) 6-0, 6-1
Semi-final: Carolyn O’Brien & Mary Ellen O’Brien (3) def. Cathy Cimato & Jackie Cody (2) 6-4, 3-6, 15-13
Final: Pam Kinney & Dana Littles (4) def. Carolyn O’Brien & Mary Ellen O’Brien (3) 6-3, 6-4
Consolation: Jacquie O’Neil & Joan Rovig vs Candace Barrett & Sheila Grier to be scheduled
Final: Mark Barry & Bob Mandelbaum def. Lydell Francisco & Obi E. (2) 6-1, 6-3
Semi-final: Mark Barry & Bob Mandelbaum def. Dan Lewis & Ron Turner (1) 6-1, 6-0
Semi-final: Lydell Francisco & Obi E. (2) def. Josh Burgett & Brian Metz 6-1, 6-1
Consolation: Dan Lewis & Ron Turner (1) def. Josh Burgett & Brian Metz 6-1, 6-1
Final: Sharon Cardoza & Lorie McKinney def. Beverly Cassata & Marrisa Francisco (2) 4-4, injury retirement
Consolation: Rita Barnes & Linda Thompson def. Shannon Carter & Julia Fitsimones 6-7, 6-4, 10-8
To get a copy of: Friend At Court - The USTA Handbook of Tennis Rules and Regulations: click this link
Board Members (April 2014 to March 2015)Click here to open/close the list of board members
- Jade LeWin
- Gale Kristof
- Operations (Scheduling, Tournaments, Roster, Ranking...)
- Marrisa Francisco
- Vacant -- please contact a board member if you would like to be the board Secretary
- Marge Threewit
- OPEN - Why not volunteer?
- Social Chairman
- David Filani
- Phoenix Tennis Center Upgrade Project
- Jack Romanowicz
- Web Master
- Dick Sheldon
- Awards & Trophies
- John Denboer
- A Men Representative
- Natalie Berquist
- A Women Representative
- Jack Bruso
- B Men Representative
- Vacant -- please contact a board member if you'd like to be the B women's representative
- B Women Representative
- Michael McDonald
- C Men Representative
- Kerry Loudenslagel
- C Women Representative