- New! The June CYOP tourney results can be found below.
- Definitions of the skill levels for the 4 new divisions can be found here.
- Important notice for all Match Point members! For July’s Choose Your Partner tournament no membership fee is required so bring a friend! On a trial basis (for the next four tournaments) Match Point will split into four divisions, A+, A, B and C, starting at the July CYOP tournament. More info to come along with written guidelines regarding how to determine your division of play after the next board meeting on June 21. If you aren’t sure where to enter after the guidelines are released contact your Rep, the new A+ division will be overseen by the A Rep for now.
The purpose of the division split is to address the disparity between the top and bottom of the A and B divisions, therefore the idea is to move the top layer of B players into the A division, and move the high-mid level to top A players into the A+ division.
- Note: Updated Match Point Brochure and "How to Join" info sheet are available for download in PDF format. Use them for yourself or to help a friend learn about the benefits and mechanics of joining up!
- Notice! Starting in April, tournament fees have increased to $20 per player. Membership fees are now $25 annually.
- Oldish! The combined Mar/Apr newsletter is linked in the sidebar.
- Not so new! Points leaders after the April tourney are in the sidebar
- Not so new! Points earned by everyone thru April are found on the Points Listings page in the menu above
- Newish! The members list is updated as of May 4th
Please Note: If you aren't getting expected email from Match Point, check your spam folder. If it's in there, you should be able to tell your email client it's not spam. In Outlook, right-click on the email and select "Add sender to safe senders list" from the Junk E-mail sub-menu. In AOL or Netscape, select the email and click on the "Not spam" button.
- You must be a MatchPoint member to play in our tournaments See " How to Join" for the procedure and more information about the club.
- All tournaments are played at Phoenix Tennis Center, 6330 N. 21st Ave. Phoenix, Arizona 85015 (602) 249-3712
- To enter a tournament, do one of the following:
- Click here to pay your entry fees securely online using PayPal or your credit card. The information you fill in the PayPal form is your entry, and will be sent to Gale automatically.
- US Mail or E-mail: Click the link in the tourney description to see the form, fill it in, and print or send it using the links in the form.
- Phone: Call Gale Kristof at 602.973.1135 (please try to use one of the above methods if you can to reduce the number of calls)
July 2015 CYOP Doubles tournament
When: Friday Jul 17, 2015 to Saturday Jul 19, 2014. Matches will be played in the nighttime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Jul 11, 2015
Entry fee: $20
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the July CYOP tournament.
August 2015 LOD Mixed Doubles tournament
When: Friday Aug 21, 2015 to Saturday Aug 23, 2014. Matches will be played in the nighttime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Aug 15, 2015
Entry fee: $20
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the August LOD tournament.
Final: Kristin Morgan & Amit Chawla (1) def. Fredi Van de Velde & PJ Marranca (2) 6-4, 5-7, 10-7
Semifinal: Kristin Morgan & Amit Chawla (1) def. Karen Taylor & Nilo Baylon (4) 5-7, 6-2, 10-8
Semifinal: Fredi Van de Velde & PJ Marranca (2) def. Christina Taylor & Ronson Taylor (3) 6-1, 6-0
Consolation final: Jennifer Fontious & Paul Apana def. Mark Ryan & Venessa Bennett 8-4
Final: Natalie Bergquist & John Denboer (1) def. Nicole Samaniego & Diego Samaniego (3) 3-4. retire
Semifinal: Natalie Bergquist & John Denboer (1) def. Elena Wolter & Matt Peck 6-2, 7-5
Semifinal: Nicole Samaniego & Diego Samaniego (3) def. Stella So & Jose Hernandez (2) 4-6, 6-1, 11-9
Consolation final: Emily Austin & Steve Murkowicz def. ChristiAnne Stephens & Bill Deppey 6-1, 6-2
Final: Sachiko Matsuyama & Sumihisa Masuda def. Leslie Webb & Richard West (4) 6-1, 6-3
Semifinal: Sachiko Matsuyama & Sumihisa Masuda def. Lorie McKinney & Jason McKinney 7-5, 7-5
Semifinal: Leslie Webb & Richard West (4) def. Marja Huzevka & Jeremy Loeb 6-4, 1-6, 10-1
Consolation final: Christine Revolinski & Pete Chun def. Liz Therrien & Will Schreiber 6-4, 6-4
Final: Angela Abbott & Ron Turner def. Sharon Cardoza & Dennis Cardoza 6-0, 2-6, 10-6
Semifinal: Angela Abbott & Ron Turner def. Marge Threewit & John Chapman (1) 6-4, 6-4
Semifinal: Sharon Cardoza & Dennis Cardoza def. Michele Statt & Dan Lewis 6-0, 6-4
Consolation final: Stephanie Schucker & Ed Bedrosian def. Shannon Carter & David Pool 6-3, 6-3
To get a copy of: Friend At Court - The USTA Handbook of Tennis Rules and Regulations: click this link
Board Members (April 2014 to March 2015)Click here to open/close the list of board members
- Jade LeWin
- Gale Kristof
- Operations (Scheduling, Tournaments, Roster, Ranking...)
- Marrisa Francisco
- Vacant -- please contact a board member if you would like to be the board Secretary
- Marge Threewit
- Dave Becker
- Social Chairman
- David Filani
- Phoenix Tennis Center Upgrade Project
- Jack Romanowicz
- Web Master
- Dick Sheldon
- Awards & Trophies
- John Denboer
- A Men Representative
- Natalie Berquist
- A Women Representative
- Jack Bruso
- B Men Representative
- Vacant -- please contact a board member if you'd like to be the B women's representative
- B Women Representative
- Michael McDonald
- C Men Representative
- Kerry Loudenslagel
- C Women Representative