- Almost new! Click here to donate toward PTC court accessories.
- New! October tournament result summary can be found below and on the results page.
- Newish! The members list is updated as of September 4th.
- Sorta New! The Match Point Brochure in PDF format is available for download.
- Ok, not so new! Results, Newsletters and Points Listing pages linked in the menu bar above have been reformatted for easier use. Historical files (back to 2007 in some cases) are now online, and more are coming.
- Please Note: If you aren't getting expected email from Match Point, check your spam folder. If it's in there, you should be able to tell your email client it's not spam. In Outlook, right-click on the email and select "Add sender to safe senders list" from the Junk E-mail sub-menu. In AOL or Netscape, select the email and click on the "Not spam" button.
- You must be a MatchPoint member to play in our tournaments See "How to Join" for the procedure and more information about the club.
- All tournaments are played at Phoenix Tennis Center, 6330 N. 21st Ave. Phoenix, Arizona 85015 (602) 249-3712
- To enter a tournament, do one of the following:
- Click here to pay your entry fees securely online using PayPal or your credit card. The information you fill in the PayPal form is your entry, and will be sent to Gale automatically.
- US Mail or E-mail: Click the link in the tourney description to see the form, fill it in, and print or send it using the links in the form.
- Phone: Call Gale Kristof at 602.973.1135 (please try to use one of the above methods if you can to reduce the number of calls)
November 2014 CYOP Doubles tournament
When: Saturday Nov 15, 2014 to Sunday Nov 16, 2014. Matches will be played in the daytime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Nov 8, 2014
Entry fee: $15
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the November CYOP tournament.
December 2014 Singles tournament
When: Saturday Dec 6, 2014 to Sunday Dec 7, 2014. Matches will be played in the daytime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Nov 29, 2014
Entry fee: $15
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the December Singles tournament.
Results of the CYOP Mixed Doubles Tourney October, 2014
Final: Stephanie Haldeman & Amit Chawla (1) def. McKenna Irwin & Matt Peck (2) 6-2, 6-3
Semifinal: Stephanie Haldeman & Amit Chawla (1) def. Charo Deglane & Nilo Baylon (5) 6-1, 7-5
Semifinal: McKenna Irwin & Matt Peck (2) def, Emily Austin & Steve Murkowicz (3) 7-6, 3-6, 6-4
Consolation final: Emiko Hosoya & Mark Ryan def. Stella So & Jose Hernandez 6-4, 6-4
Final: Tina Bond & Fernando Romero def. Debra Kamys & David Bennett 7-5, 6-3
Semifinal: Tina Bond & Fernando Romero def. Mary Ellen O'Brien & Sumihusa Masuda (2) 2-6, 6-1, 6-4
Semifinal: Debra Kamys & David Bennett def. Jessy Guaranda & Pete Chun (1) 6-3, 1-6, 7-6
Consolation final: Ginny Rankin & John Rankin def. Natalie Nofsinger & Magesh Kumar Kannappan 0-6, 6-4, 6-4
Final: Joan Rovig & Jason Rovig def. Linda Thompson & John Chapman (3) 6-2, 6-2
Semifinal: Joan Rovig & Jason Rovig def. Susan Rose & Pat Roth (1) 6-1, 6-1
Semifinal: Linda Thompson & John Chapman (3) def. Jeannie Abrams & Bob Edgell (2) 6-0, 6-3
Consolation final: Chandra Shanklin & Alan Chung def. Ginny Horlings & Mark Horlings 6-73, 6-3, 6-2
To get a copy of: Friend At Court - The USTA Handbook of Tennis Rules and Regulations: click this link
Board Members (April 2014 to March 2015)
- Jade LeWin
- Gale Kristof
- Operations (Scheduling, Tournaments, Roster, Ranking...)
- Roger Honey
- Kathy Becker
- Marge Threewit
- Dave Becker
- Social Chairman
- David Filani
- Phoenix Tennis Center Upgrade Project
- Jack Romanowicz
- Web Master
- Dick Sheldon
- Awards & Trophies
- Paul Harbinson
- A Men Representative
- Charo Deglane
- A Women Representative
- Jack Bruso
- B Men Representative
- Marge Threewit
- B Women Representative
- Michael McDonald
- C Men Representative
- Kerry Loudenslagel
- C Women Representative