- New! The July draw sheets can be found in the sidebar.
- New! The June, May and the last April tourney pix are uploaded. June is above, the others are listed on the brand-new photos page
- New! Points leaders in the sidebar and points lists include the June results
- New! The June newsletter is linked in the sidebar and on the newsletters page
- Alert! The PayPal page now reminds you to put two entries in your cart before checking out if you are paying for two players.
- Sorta New! The Match Point Brochure in PDF format is available for download.
- Ok, not so new! Results, Newsletters and Points Listing pages linked in the menu bar above have been reformatted for easier use. Historical files (back to 2007 in some cases) are now online, and more are coming.
- Please Note: If you aren't getting expected email from Match Point, check your spam folder. If it's in there, you should be able to tell your email client it's not spam. In Outlook, right-click on the email and select "Add sender to safe senders list" from the Junk E-mail sub-menu. In AOL or Netscape, select the email and click on the "Not spam" button.
- You must be a MatchPoint member to play in our tournaments. See "How to Join" for the procedure and more information about the club.
- All tournaments are played at Phoenix Tennis Center, 6330 N. 21st Ave. Phoenix, Arizona 85015 (602) 249-3712
- To enter a tournament, do one of the following:
- Click here to pay your entry fees securely online using PayPal or your credit card. The information you fill in the PayPal form is your entry, and will be sent to Gale automatically.
- US Mail or E-mail: Click the link in the tourney description to see the form, fill it in, and print or send it using the links in the form.
- Phone: Call Gale Kristof at 602.973.1135 (please try to use one of the above methods if you can to reduce the number of calls)
August 2014 LOD Mixed Doubles tournament
When: Friday Aug 22, 2014 to Sunday Aug 24, 2014. Matches will be played in the nighttime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Aug 16, 2014
Entry fee: $15
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the August LOD tournament.
September 2014 LOD Doubles tournament
When: Friday Sep 19, 2014 to Sunday Sep 21, 2014. Matches will be played in the nighttime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Sep 13, 2014
Entry fee: $15
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the September LOD tournament.
June 2014 Choose-Your-Own-Partner Mixed Doubles
Final: Stephanie Haldeman & Amit Chawla (1) def. Vanessa Bennett & Lenny Maher 6-3, 6-2
Semifinal: Stephanie Haldeman & Amit Chawla (1) def. Karen Taylor & John Denboer (4) 6-3, 6-4
Semifinal: Vanessa Bennett & Lenny Maher def. Julie Stelse & Paul Ipana 7-6, 6-7, 6-3
Consolation final: Lindsay Ebbert & Thomas Walker (2) def. Christina Taylor & Ronson Taylor 7-5, 7-6
Final: Maria Starkweather & Bill Starkweather def. Natalie Bergquist & Ronnie Brandon (4) 6-4, 6-2
Semifinal: Maria Starkweather & Bill Starkweather def. Jessy Guaranda & Dan Skultety (3) 6-0, 6-3
Semifinal: Natalie Bergquist & Ronnie Brandon (4) def. Christine Oâ€TMHayre & Peter Tan (1) 6-3, 6-0
Consolation final: Natasha Huzevka & Dan Churchill def. Sandra Little & Tom Brennand 6-2, 6-1
Final: Susie Mejia & Michael McDonald (4) def. Jeannie Abrams & Pat Roth (2) 6-1, 6-0
Semifinal: Susie Mejia & Michael McDonald (4) def. Sherri VanLeer & Bob Fincher (1) 6-0, 4-6, 6-2
Semifinal: Jeannie Abrams & Pat Roth (2) def. Aileen Weir & Bob Edenhofer (3) 6-3, 6-3
Consolation final: Shannon Ong & Alan Chung def. Kerry Loudenslagel & Erick Chino 6-4, 2-6, 6-1
To get a copy of: Friend At Court - The USTA Handbook of Tennis Rules and Regulations: click this link
Board Members (April 2014 to March 2015)
- Jade LeWin
- Gale Kristof
- Operations (Scheduling, Tournaments, Roster, Ranking...)
- Roger Honey
- Kathy Becker
- Marge Threewit
- Dave Becker
- Social Chairman
- David Filani
- Phoenix Tennis Center Upgrade Project
- Jack Romanowicz
- Web Master
- Dick Sheldon
- Awards & Trophies
- Paul Harbinson
- A Men Representative
- Charo Deglane
- A Women Representative
- Jack Bruso
- B Men Representative
- Marge Threewit
- B Women Representative
- Michael McDonald
- C Men Representative
- Kerry Loudenslagel
- C Women Representative