- Notice! The PayPal page is functional again. Prices have been updated for all items, as noted below.
- Notice! Starting in April, tournament fees will increase to $20 per player. Membership fees will increase to $25 annually.
- New! The Board of Directors has new members! See the list below.
- New! The March Singles results summary is below..
- New! Points leaders after the February tourney are in the sidebar
- New! Points earned for everyone thru February are found on the Points Listings page in the menu above
- New! The February newsletter is linked in the sidebar
- Newish! The members list is updated as of February 11th
- Old News! The Match Point Brochure in PDF format is available for download.
Please Note: If you aren't getting expected email from Match Point, check your spam folder. If it's in there, you should be able to tell your email client it's not spam. In Outlook, right-click on the email and select "Add sender to safe senders list" from the Junk E-mail sub-menu. In AOL or Netscape, select the email and click on the "Not spam" button.
- You must be a MatchPoint member to play in our tournaments See " How to Join" for the procedure and more information about the club.
- All tournaments are played at Phoenix Tennis Center, 6330 N. 21st Ave. Phoenix, Arizona 85015 (602) 249-3712
- To enter a tournament, do one of the following:
- Click here to pay your entry fees securely online using PayPal or your credit card. The information you fill in the PayPal form is your entry, and will be sent to Gale automatically.
- US Mail or E-mail: Click the link in the tourney description to see the form, fill it in, and print or send it using the links in the form.
- Phone: Call Gale Kristof at 602.973.1135 (please try to use one of the above methods if you can to reduce the number of calls)
May 2015 LOD Doubles tournament
When: Friday May 15, 2015 to Saturday May 17, 2014. Matches will be played in the nighttime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday May 9, 2015
Entry fee: $20
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the May LOD tournament.
June 2015 CYOP Mixed Doubles tournament
When: Friday Jun 26, 2015 to Saturday Jun 28, 2014. Matches will be played in the nighttime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Jun 20, 2015
Entry fee: $20
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the June CYOP tournament.
MARCH 7 & 8 SINGLES
Final: Cameron Drummond def. Usman Nabi (1) 6-4, 7-65
Semifinal: Cameron Drummond def.Nilo Baylon 6-1, 6-2
Semifinal: Usman Nabi (2) def. John Denboer (4) walkover
Consolation Final: Eric Lyding vs. Randy Blanchard scheduled for March 15 @ 9 a.m.
Final: Sophie Cole (1) def. Nikolina Vukadin (3) 6-4, 6-3
Semifinal: Sophie Cole (1) def. Emily Austin (4) 7-6, 6-2
Semifinal: Nikolina Vukadin (3) def. Alekandra Buha 6-2, 6-0
Consolation Final: Joey Ball def. Stella So 6-1, 6-1
Final: Raj Rajendra def. Aditya Nambiar (2) 6-3, 7-5
Semifinal: Raj Rajendra def. John Dunn 7-5, 6-4
Semifinal: Aditya Nambiar (2) def. Evan Lewis (3) 6-3, 6-1
Consolation Final: Tom Sparkman (1) def. Matthew Michaelson 6-2, 6-2
Final: Natasha Huzevka def. Anastasia Kim 6-2, 6-1
Semifinal: Natasha Huzevka def. Jessy Guaranda 6-2, 6-1
Semifinal: Anastasia Kim def. Sandra Kindred (1) 6-2, 7-5
Consolation Final: Jessy Guaranda def. Anna Duffey (4) 6-2, 6-4
Final: Joe Munson def. Jorge Soto (1) 6-1, 6-2
Semifinal: Joe Munson def. Alan Chung (3) 6-2, 6-0
Semifinal: Jorge Soto (1) def. Mark Barry 6-3, 6-4
Consolation Final: Cal Peters (2) def. Brian Metz 6-1, 6-1
Final: Stephanie Washburn (1) def. Maddie Liseblad 6-4, 1-6, 10-7
Semifinal: Stephanie Washburn (1) def. Jacquie O’Neil 6-4, 6-3
Semifinal: Maddie Liseblad def. Sherri VanLeer (2) 6-1, 6-0
Semifinal: Carol Bellemare def. Shannon Carter 6-1, 7-5
To get a copy of: Friend At Court - The USTA Handbook of Tennis Rules and Regulations: click this link
Board Members (April 2014 to March 2015)Click here to open/close the list of board members
- Jade LeWin
- Gale Kristof
- Operations (Scheduling, Tournaments, Roster, Ranking...)
- Marrisa Francisco
- Kathy Becker
- Marge Threewit
- Dave Becker
- Social Chairman
- David Filani
- Phoenix Tennis Center Upgrade Project
- Jack Romanowicz
- Web Master
- Dick Sheldon
- Awards & Trophies
- Paul Harbinson
- A Men Representative
- Charo Deglane
- A Women Representative
- Jack Bruso
- B Men Representative
- Barbara White
- B Women Representative
- Michael McDonald
- C Men Representative
- Kerry Loudenslagel
- C Women Representative