- Almost new! Click here to donate toward PTC court accessories.
- New! September winners pictures in the header above.
- New! September tournament result summary can be found below and on the results page.
- Newish! The members list is updated as of September 4th.
- Alert! The PayPal page now reminds you to put two entries in your cart before checking out if you are paying for two players.
- Sorta New! The Match Point Brochure in PDF format is available for download.
- Ok, not so new! Results, Newsletters and Points Listing pages linked in the menu bar above have been reformatted for easier use. Historical files (back to 2007 in some cases) are now online, and more are coming.
- Please Note: If you aren't getting expected email from Match Point, check your spam folder. If it's in there, you should be able to tell your email client it's not spam. In Outlook, right-click on the email and select "Add sender to safe senders list" from the Junk E-mail sub-menu. In AOL or Netscape, select the email and click on the "Not spam" button.
- You must be a MatchPoint member to play in our tournaments See "How to Join" for the procedure and more information about the club.
- All tournaments are played at Phoenix Tennis Center, 6330 N. 21st Ave. Phoenix, Arizona 85015 (602) 249-3712
- To enter a tournament, do one of the following:
- Click here to pay your entry fees securely online using PayPal or your credit card. The information you fill in the PayPal form is your entry, and will be sent to Gale automatically.
- US Mail or E-mail: Click the link in the tourney description to see the form, fill it in, and print or send it using the links in the form.
- Phone: Call Gale Kristof at 602.973.1135 (please try to use one of the above methods if you can to reduce the number of calls)
October 2014 CYOP Mixed Doubles tournament
When: Saturday Oct 18, 2014 to Sunday Oct 19, 2014. Matches will be played in the daytime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Oct 11, 2014
Entry fee: $15
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the October CYOP tournament.
November 2014 CYOP Doubles tournament
When: Saturday Nov 15, 2014 to Sunday Nov 16, 2014. Matches will be played in the daytime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Nov 8, 2014
Entry fee: $15
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the November CYOP tournament.
Final: John Denboer & Allen Peto (1) def. Jon Westervelt & Kirk Westervelt (2) 2-6, 6-2, 7-5
Consolation final: Bill Deppey & Jack Romanowicz def. David Filani & Larry Sims 4-6, 6-4, 6-4
A Women: Four Team Round-Robin
First Place: Maria Murillo & Cathy Low
Second Place: Aleksandra Buha & Heidi Gottschalk
Final: Alex Pan & Richard West def. Julio Gamez & Michael Robert 6-1, 6-0
Consolation final: Dave Becker & Mike Locher def. Tom Brennand & Randy Zastrow (2) 6-4, 4-6, 6-4
Final: Carolyn O'Brien & Sofia Sebesta def. Natalie Bergquist & Kathy McCoy 6-3, 6-4
Consolation final: Jessy Guaranda & Leslie Webb (1) def. Natasha Huzevka & Aileen Weir 6-3, 4-6, 6-2
Final: Michael McDonald & Jorge Soto def. Bob Edenhofer & Bryan Emler 2-6, 6-4, 6-1
Consolation final: Mark Horlings & Steve Kennedy (1) def. Dave Pool & Pat Roth (2) 3-6, 6-2, 6-1
Final: Janice Gale & Jennifer Grundy def. Kathy Jager & Kerry Loudenslagel (2) 6-3, 6-2
Consolation final: Rita Barnes & Marrisa Gittisarn (1) def. Ellen Gromer & Shannon Ong 6-0, 6-1
To get a copy of: Friend At Court - The USTA Handbook of Tennis Rules and Regulations: click this link
Board Members (April 2014 to March 2015)
- Jade LeWin
- Gale Kristof
- Operations (Scheduling, Tournaments, Roster, Ranking...)
- Roger Honey
- Kathy Becker
- Marge Threewit
- Dave Becker
- Social Chairman
- David Filani
- Phoenix Tennis Center Upgrade Project
- Jack Romanowicz
- Web Master
- Dick Sheldon
- Awards & Trophies
- Paul Harbinson
- A Men Representative
- Charo Deglane
- A Women Representative
- Jack Bruso
- B Men Representative
- Marge Threewit
- B Women Representative
- Michael McDonald
- C Men Representative
- Kerry Loudenslagel
- C Women Representative