- New! November CYOP Doubles result summary is below.
- New! The members list is updated as of November 4th.
- Almost new! Click here to donate toward PTC court accessories.
- Sorta New! The Match Point Brochure in PDF format is available for download.
Please Note: If you aren't getting expected email from Match Point, check your spam folder. If it's in there, you should be able to tell your email client it's not spam. In Outlook, right-click on the email and select "Add sender to safe senders list" from the Junk E-mail sub-menu. In AOL or Netscape, select the email and click on the "Not spam" button.
- You must be a MatchPoint member to play in our tournaments See "How to Join" for the procedure and more information about the club.
- All tournaments are played at Phoenix Tennis Center, 6330 N. 21st Ave. Phoenix, Arizona 85015 (602) 249-3712
- To enter a tournament, do one of the following:
- Click here to pay your entry fees securely online using PayPal or your credit card. The information you fill in the PayPal form is your entry, and will be sent to Gale automatically.
- US Mail or E-mail: Click the link in the tourney description to see the form, fill it in, and print or send it using the links in the form.
- Phone: Call Gale Kristof at 602.973.1135 (please try to use one of the above methods if you can to reduce the number of calls)
December 2014 Singles tournament
When: Saturday Dec 6, 2014 to Sunday Dec 7, 2014. Matches will be played in the daytime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Nov 29, 2014
Entry fee: $15
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the December Singles tournament.
Final: Jose Hernandez & Diego Samaniego def.Usman Nabi & Thomas Walker (1) 6-4, 7-6
Semifinal: Jose Hernandez & Diego Samaniego def. John Denboer & Alex Weiland (2) 7-6, 6-2
Semifinal: Usman Nabi & Thomas Walker (1) def. Lenny Maher & Brian Silverstein (4) 2-6, 6-4, 10-6
Note: Due to limited number of courts this month, 10 point super tiebreaker played in lieu of a third set.
Con. final: Amit Chawla & Arun Lux def. Nilo Baylon & Matt Tully 6-3, 6-2
Final: Kim Dever & Lisa Mercier (2) def. Emiko Hosoya & Patty Medinger 6-4, 6-2
Semifinal: Kim Dever & Lisa Mercier (2) def. Sue Kodiene & Kati Puhakainen 6-4, 4-6, 10-4
Semifinal: Emiko Hosoya & Patty Medinger def. Charo Deglane & Cathy Low 7-5, 6-2
Con. final: Vanessa Bennett & Carmen Walker def. Heidi Gottschalk & ChristiAnne Stephens injury def.
Final: Sumihisa Masuda & Thai Nguyen def. Rick Ebel & Devell Jackson (1) 6-0, 7-5
Semifinal: Sumihisa Masuda & Thai Nguyen def. Jack Bruso & Seve Krupanszky 6-1, 6-1
Semifinal: Rick Ebel & Devell Jackson (1) def.Joel Dote & Matt Kim 7-6(2), 6-1
Con final: Dan Skultety & Randy Zastrow def. Magesh Kumar Kannappan & Aditya Nambiar 6-4, 6-4
Final: Natalie Bergquist & Leslie Webb (4) def. Joey Ball & Lara Peto (2) 6-4, 6-2
Semifinal: Natalie Bergquist & Leslie Webb (4) def. Carolyn O’Brien & Mary Ellen O’Brien 6-2, 6-2
Semifinal: Joey Ball & Lara Peto (2) def. Marja Huzevka & Natasha Huzevka (3) 6-4, 7-6(8)
Con Final: Jen Kemp-Magen & Sofia Sebesta def. Ginny Rankin & Sue Rodriguez 6-4, 5-7, 10-7
Final: Pat Roth & Jason Rovig (2) def. John Chapman & Dan Lewis (1) 7-5, 6-4
Semifinal: Pat Roth & Jason Rovig (2) def. Bob Edgell & Bob Kirby 7-5, 6-2
Semifinal: John Chapman & Dan Lewis (1) def. Alan Chung & Dave Pool 6-2, 6-2
Con final: Bob Mandelbaum & Charlie Simmons def. Ron Turner & Rob Stussie 6-1, 6-1
Final: Jeannie Abrams & Marrisa Gittisarn (1) def Jacquie O’Neil & Joan Rovig 6-3, 6-2
Semifinal: Jeannie Abrams & Marrisa Gittisarn (1) def. Angela Berry & Roxana Lewis 6-3, 4-6, 10-8
Semifinal: Jacquie O’Neil & Joan Rovig def. Natalie Phuong & Kerry Loudenslagel 3-6, 6-1, 10-5
Con Final: Muriel Aranzaens & Jennifer Grundy (2) def. Ginny Horlings & Linda Thompson 6-4, 6-2
To get a copy of: Friend At Court - The USTA Handbook of Tennis Rules and Regulations: click this link
Board Members (April 2014 to March 2015)
- Jade LeWin
- Gale Kristof
- Operations (Scheduling, Tournaments, Roster, Ranking...)
- Roger Honey
- Kathy Becker
- Marge Threewit
- Dave Becker
- Social Chairman
- David Filani
- Phoenix Tennis Center Upgrade Project
- Jack Romanowicz
- Web Master
- Dick Sheldon
- Awards & Trophies
- Paul Harbinson
- A Men Representative
- Charo Deglane
- A Women Representative
- Jack Bruso
- B Men Representative
- Marge Threewit
- B Women Representative
- Michael McDonald
- C Men Representative
- Kerry Loudenslagel
- C Women Representative