- New! The results of the Oct CYOP Mixed tournament are below and on the Results page linked above.
- New! The members list is updated as of September 9th.
- Newish! Points earned by everyone thru the July tourney are found on the Points Listings page..
- Newish! The photos from the July tournament can be seen above and on the Photos page.
- Still need a volunteer! There's one more vacancy on the Board -- Social Chairman.
- Note: The Match Point Brochure and "How to Join" info sheet are updated as of Jan 20th, 2016 are available for download in PDF format. Use them for yourself or to help a friend learn about the benefits and mechanics of joining up!
- Note: The points leaders table in the sidebar has been removed pending a decision as to how to handle the A+/A divisions. The full points list is still available on the Points Listing page.
- Note: Definitions of the skill levels for the 4 divisions can be found here.
Please Note: If you aren't getting expected email from Match Point, check your spam folder. If it's in there, you should be able to tell your email client it's not spam. In Outlook, right-click on the email and select "Add sender to safe senders list" from the Junk E-mail sub-menu. In AOL or Netscape, select the email and click on the "Not spam" button.
- You must be a MatchPoint member to play in our tournaments See " How to Join" for the procedure and more information about the club.
- All tournaments are played at Phoenix Tennis Center, 6330 N. 21st Ave. Phoenix, Arizona 85015 (602) 249-3712
- To enter a tournament, do one of the following:
- Click here to pay your entry fees securely online using PayPal or your credit card. The information you fill in the PayPal form is your entry, and will be sent to Gale automatically.
- US Mail or E-mail: Click the link in the tourney description to see the form, fill it in, and print or send it using the links in the form.
- Phone: Call Gale Kristof at 602.973.1135 (please try to use one of the above methods if you can to reduce the number of calls)
Link to full available tournament schedule
November 2016 CYOP Doubles tournament
When: Saturday Nov 12, 2016 to Sunday Nov 13, 2016. Matches will be played in the daytime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Nov 5, 2016
Entry fee: $20
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the November CYOP tournament.
December 2016 Singles tournament
When: Saturday Dec 10, 2016 to Sunday Dec 11, 2016. Matches will be played in the daytime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Dec 3, 2016
Entry fee: $20
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the December Singles tournament.
CYOP Mixed Doubles October, 2016
A Division :
Final: Jessica Guaranda & Carlos Sandoval def. Leslie Webb & Peter Appleton (2) 6 -3, 6-1
Semifinal: Jessica Guaranda & Carlos Sandoval def. Aleksandra Buha & David Mendelsohn (1) 6 -1, 7-5
Semifinal: Leslie W ebb & Peter Appleton (2) def. Christine O’Hayre & Brian Johnson (3) 4-6, 7-6, 11-9
Consolation final: Heidi Gottschalk & Chris Campbell (4) def. Pam Kinney & Craig Abney 7 -5, 6-2
B Division :
Final: Carolyn O’Brien & Richard Kersh def. Lydia Schaefer & Ja son Lucas 6 -1, 6-2
Semifinal: Carolyn O’Brien & Richard Kersh def. Mary Ellen O’Brien & Will Schreiber (2) 6 -3, 6-4
Semifinal: Lydia Schaefer & Jason Lucas def. Joy Smarr & Dan Lewis 6 -4, 6-1
Consolation final: Ann Stussie & Eric Hindle def. Jacquie O’Nei l & Andre Zenda 5-7, 6-4, 10-6
C Division :
Final: Sherri VanLeer & Siva Mani def. Carol Bellemare & Mike Hill 6 -0, 6-4
Semifinal Sherri VanLeer & Siva Mani def. Maddie Liseblad & Bill Woodson medical walkover
Semifinal: Carol Bellemare & Mike Hill def. Ju lia Fitsimones & Josh Burgett (2) 2 -6, 6-4, 10-4
Consolation final: Sharon Cardoza & Dennis Cardoza def. Bev Cassata & Pat Roth (3) 6-3, 6-1
To get a copy of: Friend At Court - The USTA Handbook of Tennis Rules and Regulations: click this link
Board Members (April 2016 to March 2017)Click here to open/close the list of board members
- Jade LeWin
- Gale Kristof
- Operations (Scheduling, Tournaments, Roster, Ranking...)
- Marrisa Francisco
- Vanessa Bennett
- Marge Threewit
- OPEN - Why not volunteer?
- Social Chairman
- Jack Romanowicz
- Web Master
- Dick Sheldon
- Awards & Trophies
- John Denboer
- A+ Men's Representative
- Patty Medinger
- A+ Women's Representative
- Jack Bruso
- A Men Representative
- Natalie Berquist
- A Women Representative
- Michael Mcdonald
- B Men Representative
- Christine Revolinski
- B Women Representative
- Lydell Francisco
- C Men Representative
- Kerry Loudenslagel
- C Women Representative
- New! The board member list below has been updated. Check out the vacancies & see if you'd like to volunteer. The obligations are not very onerous.