- New! The board members listing on this page has been updated as of June 24th.
- New! Draws for the June 24th tourney can be found on the Draws page linked above. Note there are 2 draws for the C division!
- New! The photos from the April and May tourneys have been uploaded to the Photos page. May pix are also above.
- Newish! Points earned by everyone thru the May tourney are found on the Points Listings page.
- Newish! The members list is updated as of May 30th..
- Still need volunteers! The board member list below has been updated. Check out the vacancies & see if you'd like to volunteer. The obligations are not very onerous. A Secretary is the most urgent opening
- Note: The Match Point Brochure and "How to Join" info sheet are updated as of Jan 20th, 2016 are available for download in PDF format. Use them for yourself or to help a friend learn about the benefits and mechanics of joining up!
- Note: The points leaders table in the sidebar has been removed pending a decision as to how to handle the A+/A divisions. The full points list is still available on the Points Listing page.
- Note: Definitions of the skill levels for the 4 divisions can be found here.
Please Note: If you aren't getting expected email from Match Point, check your spam folder. If it's in there, you should be able to tell your email client it's not spam. In Outlook, right-click on the email and select "Add sender to safe senders list" from the Junk E-mail sub-menu. In AOL or Netscape, select the email and click on the "Not spam" button.
- You must be a MatchPoint member to play in our tournaments See " How to Join" for the procedure and more information about the club.
- All tournaments are played at Phoenix Tennis Center, 6330 N. 21st Ave. Phoenix, Arizona 85015 (602) 249-3712
- To enter a tournament, do one of the following:
- Click here to pay your entry fees securely online using PayPal or your credit card. The information you fill in the PayPal form is your entry, and will be sent to Gale automatically.
- US Mail or E-mail: Click the link in the tourney description to see the form, fill it in, and print or send it using the links in the form.
- Phone: Call Gale Kristof at 602.973.1135 (please try to use one of the above methods if you can to reduce the number of calls)
Link to full available tournament schedule
July 2016 CYOP Doubles tournament
When: Friday Jul 15, 2016 to Sunday Jul 17, 2016. Matches will be played in the nighttime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Jul 9, 2016
Entry fee: $20
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the July CYOP tournament.
August 2016 LOD Mixed Doubles tournament
When: Friday Aug 19, 2016 to Sunday Aug 21, 2016. Matches will be played in the nighttime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Aug 13, 2016
Entry fee: $20
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the August LOD tournament.
MATCH POINT TENNIS CLUB MAY 20, 21 & 22 Men’s & Ladies’ LOD DOUBLES
A & A+ Men: 4 Team Round-Robin
First Place: Nilo Baylon & Paul Harbinson
Second Place: John Gottschalk & Ronson Taylor
A & A+ Women:
Final: Vanessa Bennett & Jessica Guaranda (1) def. Christine O”Hayre & Patty Medinger 7-6, 2-6, 10-7
Semi-Final: Vanessa Bennett and Jessica Guaranda (1) def. Ann-Marie Anderson & Aleksandra Buha 4-6, 6-3, 10-6
Semi-Final: Christine O’Hayre & Patty Medinger (2) def. Heidi Gottschalk & Natasha Huzevka 6-1, 6-4
Consolation final: Heidi Gottschalk & Natasha Huzevka def. Kim Dever & Carol Edwards 5-7, 6-3, 10-6
B Men: 4 Team Round-Robin
First Place: Marco Campos & David Javier
Second Place: Alex Pan & Richard West
B Women: 4 Team Round-Robin
First Place: Christine Revolinski & Barbara White
Second Place: Sofia Sebesta & Ann Stussie
Final: Lydell Francisco & Bill Woodson (1) def. Josh Burgett & Ron Turner 6-1, 6-3
Semi-final: Lydell Francisco & Bill Woodson (1) def. Dan Lewis & Brian Metz 6-2, 6-1
Semi-final: Josh Burgett & Ron Turner def. Mathew Grijalva & Siva Mani 3-6, 6-2, 12-10
Consolation: Bob Edgell & Jason Lucas (2) def. Alan Chung & David Dek 6-1, 6-7, 10-7
Final: Rita Barnes & Marrisa Francisco (1) def. Shannon Carter & Julia Fitsimones 6-2, 3-6, 10-8
Semi-final: Rita Barnes & Marrisa Francisco (1) def. Rachel Speliopoulos & Marge Threewit 4-6, 6-0, 10-7
Semi-final: Shannon Carter & Julia Fitsimones def. Jean McDade & Cindy Stoneman (2) 7-6, 6-3
Consolation: Ellen Gromer & Joan Vogel def. Bev Cassata & Amy Cox 4-6, 6-4, 10-6
To get a copy of: Friend At Court - The USTA Handbook of Tennis Rules and Regulations: click this link
Board Members (April 2015 to March 2016)Click here to open/close the list of board members
- Jade LeWin
- Gale Kristof
- Operations (Scheduling, Tournaments, Roster, Ranking...)
- Marrisa Francisco
- Vanessa Bennett
- Marge Threewit
- OPEN - Why not volunteer?
- Social Chairman
- Jack Romanowicz
- Web Master
- Dick Sheldon
- Awards & Trophies
- John Denboer
- A+ Men's Representative
- Patty Medinger
- A+ Women's Representative
- Jack Bruso
- A Men Representative
- Natalie Berquist
- A Women Representative
- Michael Mcdonald
- B Men Representative
- Christine Revolinski
- B Women Representative
- Lydell Francisco
- C Men Representative
- Kerry Loudenslagel
- C Women Representative
- New! The board member list below has been updated. Check out the vacancies & see if you'd like to volunteer. The obligations are not very onerous.