- Almost new! Click here to donate toward PTC court accessories.
- New! The July results can be found below.
- New! The July photos are uploaded. See them in the header and on the brand-new photos page. If you have a slow connection, the page might take a while to load (working on it!)
- New! Points leaders in the sidebar and points lists include the July results
- New! The July newsletter is linked in the sidebar and on the newsletters page
- Alert! The PayPal page now reminds you to put two entries in your cart before checking out if you are paying for two players.
- Sorta New! The Match Point Brochure in PDF format is available for download.
- Ok, not so new! Results, Newsletters and Points Listing pages linked in the menu bar above have been reformatted for easier use. Historical files (back to 2007 in some cases) are now online, and more are coming.
- Please Note: If you aren't getting expected email from Match Point, check your spam folder. If it's in there, you should be able to tell your email client it's not spam. In Outlook, right-click on the email and select "Add sender to safe senders list" from the Junk E-mail sub-menu. In AOL or Netscape, select the email and click on the "Not spam" button.
- You must be a Mat.chPoint member to play in our tournaments See "How to Join" for the procedure and more information about the club.
- All tournaments are played at Phoenix Tennis Center, 6330 N. 21st Ave. Phoenix, Arizona 85015 (602) 249-3712
- To enter a tournament, do one of the following:
- Click here to pay your entry fees securely online using PayPal or your credit card. The information you fill in the PayPal form is your entry, and will be sent to Gale automatically.
- US Mail or E-mail: Click the link in the tourney description to see the form, fill it in, and print or send it using the links in the form.
- Phone: Call Gale Kristof at 602.973.1135 (please try to use one of the above methods if you can to reduce the number of calls)
August 2014 LOD Mixed Doubles tournament
When: Friday Aug 22, 2014 to Sunday Aug 24, 2014. Matches will be played in the nighttime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Aug 16, 2014
Entry fee: $15
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the August LOD tournament.
September 2014 LOD Doubles tournament
When: Friday Sep 19, 2014 to Sunday Sep 21, 2014. Matches will be played in the nighttime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Sep 13, 2014
Entry fee: $15
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the September LOD tournament.
July 18-20 Choose Your Own Partner Women/Men Results
A MenFinal: Usmen Nabi & Thomas Walker (1) def. Amit Chawla & P.J. Marranca (2) 7-5,7-6(7-5)
Semifinal: Usman Nabi & Thomas Walker (1) def. Chris Armstron & Kirk Westervelt 6-7,6-4,6-3
Semifinal: Amit Chawla & PJ Marranca (2) def. Marc Fergonise & Marcus Sanchez 6-0, 6-0Consolation Final: Nilo Baylon & Paul Harbinson def. Michael Bronstein & Todd Sutton (4) 0-6,6-0,6-1
A WomenFinal:Karen Taylor & Julie Stelse (2) def. Kristen Morgan & Lindsay Ebbert (1) 6-7(3-7),7-5,6-4
Semifinal:Karen Taylor & July Stelse (2) def. Charo Deglane & Maria Murillo (4) 6-2,6-2
Semifinal: Kristen Morgan & Lindsay Ebbert (1) def. Vanessa Bennett & Patty Medinger 6-0,6-2
Consolation Final: Emily Austin & Aide Smedes def. Jade LeWin & Kristy Miller 6-7(6-8), 6-1,6-2
B MenFinal:Ronnie Brandon & Jon Westervelt (1) def. Greg Maupin & Keith Williams 6-4, 6-2
Semifinal:Ronnie Brandon & Jon Westervelt (1) def Steve Krupanszky & Randy Zastrow (4) 6-0, 6-1
Semifinal: Greg Maupin & Keith Williams def. Rick Ebel & Devell Jackson (2) 6-1,6-1
Consolation Final: David Bennett & Julio Gamez def. Bill Starkweather & Rich West 6-3,6-4
B WomenFinal: Jessy Guaranda & Natasha Huzevka def. Carolyn Huerta & Mary Ellen O'Brien (2) 6-3,3-6,6-2
Semifinal: Jessy Guaranda & Natasha Huzevka def. Jill Rich & Maria Starkweather (1) 2-6,6-4,6-4
Semifinal: Carolyn Huerta & Mary Ellen O'Brien (2) def. Kathy McCoy & Rosie Stafin-Lewis 6-2, 6-0
Consolation Final: Joey Ball & Laura Peto def. Tonia Bennett & Jaime Becraft 6-4,6-2
C MenFinal: Alan Chung & Ram Krish def. Ray Yonan & Bob Edenhofer 6-2, 2-6, 6-3
Semifinal: Alan Chung & Ram Krish def. Mark Berry & Jorge Soto 4-6,6-4,11-9
Semifinal: Ray Yonan & Bob Edenhofer def. John Chapman & Dan Lewis (2) 6-2,6-4
Consolation Final: Michael McDonald & Joe Livesay (1) def. Ron Turner & Rob Stussie 6-1,6-2
C WomenRound Robin
1st - Marrisa Gittisarn & Jennifer Grundy
2nd - Susie Mejia & Reida Contreras
To get a copy of: Friend At Court - The USTA Handbook of Tennis Rules and Regulations: click this link
Board Members (April 2014 to March 2015)
- Jade LeWin
- Gale Kristof
- Operations (Scheduling, Tournaments, Roster, Ranking...)
- Roger Honey
- Kathy Becker
- Marge Threewit
- Dave Becker
- Social Chairman
- David Filani
- Phoenix Tennis Center Upgrade Project
- Jack Romanowicz
- Web Master
- Dick Sheldon
- Awards & Trophies
- Paul Harbinson
- A Men Representative
- Charo Deglane
- A Women Representative
- Jack Bruso
- B Men Representative
- Marge Threewit
- B Women Representative
- Michael McDonald
- C Men Representative
- Kerry Loudenslagel
- C Women Representative