- New! Photos for some of the more recent tourneys have been uploaded. January's are above, the others can be found on the photos page.
- New! The results for the Jan 16-17 mixed doubles tournament are below and as a document on the Results page.
- New! The 2016 schedule will now be found on the Schedule page.
- New! The members list is updated as of January 20th
- New! Points earned by everyone thru the January tourney are found on the Points Listings page
- New! The Match Point Brochure and "How to Join" info sheet are updated as of Jan 20th, 2016 are available for download in PDF format. Use them for yourself or to help a friend learn about the benefits and mechanics of joining up!
- Note: The points leaders table has been removed pending a decision as to how to handle the A+/A divisions. The full points list is still available on the Points Listing page.
- Note: Definitions of the skill levels for the 4 divisions can be found here.
Please Note: If you aren't getting expected email from Match Point, check your spam folder. If it's in there, you should be able to tell your email client it's not spam. In Outlook, right-click on the email and select "Add sender to safe senders list" from the Junk E-mail sub-menu. In AOL or Netscape, select the email and click on the "Not spam" button.
- You must be a MatchPoint member to play in our tournaments See " How to Join" for the procedure and more information about the club.
- All tournaments are played at Phoenix Tennis Center, 6330 N. 21st Ave. Phoenix, Arizona 85015 (602) 249-3712
- To enter a tournament, do one of the following:
- Click here to pay your entry fees securely online using PayPal or your credit card. The information you fill in the PayPal form is your entry, and will be sent to Gale automatically.
- US Mail or E-mail: Click the link in the tourney description to see the form, fill it in, and print or send it using the links in the form.
- Phone: Call Gale Kristof at 602.973.1135 (please try to use one of the above methods if you can to reduce the number of calls)
Link to full available tournament schedule
February 2016 CYOP Doubles tournament
When: Saturday Feb 20, 2016 to Sunday Feb 21, 2016. Matches will be played in the daytime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Feb 13, 2016
Entry fee: $20
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the February CYOP tournament.
March 2016 Singles tournament
When: Saturday Mar 12, 2016 to Sunday Mar 13, 2016. Matches will be played in the daytime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Mar 5, 2016
Entry fee: $20
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the March Singles tournament.
CYOP Mixed Doubles January, 2016
Final: Karen Taylor & Chad Kelley (2) def. Yuka Shoji & Todd Sutton 7-6, 6-1
Semifinal: Karen Taylor & Chad Kelley (2) def. Charo Deglane & Nilo Baylon 6 -2, 7-6
Semifinal: Yuka Shoji & Todd Sutton (1) def. Kim Dever & PJ Marranca 6-3, 6-4
Consolation final: Patty Medinger & Alan Peto def. Jodi Jarrell & Chad Clark 6 -2, 4-6, 10-4
A Division :
Final: Leslie Webb & Delaney Harbin def. Milena Capezzuto & Jason Partney (1) 6 -2, 6-4
Semifinal: Leslie Webb & Delane y Harbin def. Aleksandra Buha & David Mendelsohn 4 -6, 6-2, 10-6
Semifinal: Milena Capezzuto & Jason Partney (1) def. Christine O'Hayre & Brian Johnson 6 -3, 6-2
Consolation final: Heidi Gottschalk & John Gottschalk (2) def. Lara Peto & Craig Abney 6-1, 7-5
B Division :
Final: Pam Kinney & Aditya Nambiar (2) def. Liz Therrien & Arun T. 3 -6, 6-2, 10-5
Semifinal: Pam Kinney & Aditya Nambiar (2) def. Mary Ellen O'Brien & Will Schreiber 6 -3, 4-6, 10-8
Semifinal : Liz Therrien & Arun T. def. Christine Revolinski & Pete Chun (4) 5-7, 6-0, 10-6
Consolation final: Sharon Doherty & Richard Maisiak def. Vilma Blum & Dennis Campbell 6 -2, 6-1
C Division :
Final: Charlene Rhode & Dan Lewis (1) def. Sulan Peebles & Bob Kirby (3) 6 -2, 6-3
Semifinal: Charlene Rhode & Dan Lew is (1) def. Sharon Cardoza & Dennis Cardoza (4) 6-2, 6-0
Semifinal: Sulan Peebles & Bob Kirby (3) def. Marrisa Francisco & Lydell Francisco (2) 6 -3, 6-7, 10-8
Consolation final: Joan Vogel & Bill Woodson def. Chandra Shanklin & Obi E. 6 -2, 6-2
To get a copy of: Friend At Court - The USTA Handbook of Tennis Rules and Regulations: click this link
Board Members (April 2014 to March 2015)Click here to open/close the list of board members
- Jade LeWin
- Gale Kristof
- Operations (Scheduling, Tournaments, Roster, Ranking...)
- Marrisa Francisco
- Vacant -- please contact a board member if you would like to be the board Secretary
- Marge Threewit
- OPEN - Why not volunteer?
- Social Chairman
- David Filani
- Phoenix Tennis Center Upgrade Project
- Jack Romanowicz
- Web Master
- Dick Sheldon
- Awards & Trophies
- John Denboer
- A Men Representative
- Natalie Berquist
- A Women Representative
- Jack Bruso
- B Men Representative
- Vacant -- please contact a board member if you'd like to be the B women's representative
- B Women Representative
- Michael McDonald
- C Men Representative
- Kerry Loudenslagel
- C Women Representative