- New! Points leaders after the July tourney are in the sidebar. Points earned by everyone thru Julyl are found on the Points Listings page in the menu above
- New! The July Newsletter is linked in the sidebar, and on the Newsletters page.
- Newish! The July CYOP tourney results can be found below.
- Definitions of the skill levels for the 4 new divisions can be found here.
- Important notice re August tourney! B and C divisions will be Luck of the Draw. A and A+ divisions will be CYOP.
- Note: Updated Match Point Brochure and "How to Join" info sheet are available for download in PDF format. Use them for yourself or to help a friend learn about the benefits and mechanics of joining up!
- Notice! Starting in April, tournament fees have increased to $20 per player. Membership fees are now $25 annually.
- Oldish! The combined Mar/Apr newsletter is linked in the sidebar.
- Newish! The members list is updated as of May 4th
Please Note: If you aren't getting expected email from Match Point, check your spam folder. If it's in there, you should be able to tell your email client it's not spam. In Outlook, right-click on the email and select "Add sender to safe senders list" from the Junk E-mail sub-menu. In AOL or Netscape, select the email and click on the "Not spam" button.
- You must be a MatchPoint member to play in our tournaments See " How to Join" for the procedure and more information about the club.
- All tournaments are played at Phoenix Tennis Center, 6330 N. 21st Ave. Phoenix, Arizona 85015 (602) 249-3712
- To enter a tournament, do one of the following:
- Click here to pay your entry fees securely online using PayPal or your credit card. The information you fill in the PayPal form is your entry, and will be sent to Gale automatically.
- US Mail or E-mail: Click the link in the tourney description to see the form, fill it in, and print or send it using the links in the form.
- Phone: Call Gale Kristof at 602.973.1135 (please try to use one of the above methods if you can to reduce the number of calls)
September 2015 LOD Doubles tournament
When: Friday Sep 25, 2015 to Saturday Sep 27, 2014. Matches will be played in the nighttime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Sep 19, 2015
Entry fee: $20
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the September LOD tournament.
October 2015 CYOP Mixed Doubles tournament
When: Saturday Oct 24, 2015 to Saturday Oct 25, 2014. Matches will be played in the daytime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Oct 17, 2015
Entry fee: $20
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the October CYOP tournament.
A and A+ divisions: Choose -Your-Own -Partner Mixed Doubles
B and C divisions: Luck -of-the -Draw Mixed Doubles
Final: Pam Hopkins & Thiago Barbosa (3) def. Karen Taylor & Todd Sutton (4) 6-4, 6-2
Semifinal: Pam Hopkins & Thiago Barbosa (3) def. Kim Dever & Amit Chawla (2) 6-3, 3-6, 10-7
Semifinal: Karen Taylor & Todd Sutton (4) def. Kristin Morgan & PJ Marranca (1) 6-1, 6-4
Consolation final: Vanessa Bennett & Lenny Maher def. Nikolina Vukadin & Erick Ottoson 6 -1, 6-2
Final: Natalie Bergquist & John Denboer (2) def. Sue Kodiene & Kirk Westervelt (4) 6 -3, 6-2
Semifinal: Natalie Bergquist & John Denboer (2) def. Natasha Huzevka & Jon Westervelt 6 -0, 6-1
Semifinal: Sue Kodiene & Kirk Westervelt (4) def. Maile Prost & Ray Wendeln 6 -3, 2-6, 10-7
Consolation final: Jessica Guaranda & Samson Sammeta def. Laura Talbot & Arun Lux 6 -2, 6-4
Final: Barbara White & Jason McKinney (4) def. Christine O’Hayre & David Javier (2) 6 -4, 6-1
Semifinal: Barbara White & Jason McKinney (4) def. Alex Pan & Jackie Cody (1) 7-5, 6-3
Semifinal: Christine O’Hayre & David Javier (2) def. Carla Wicks & Dale Cox 6 -4, 6-4
Consolation final: Mary Ellen O’Brien & Will Schreiber def. Aileen Weir & Richard West 6 -0, 6-3
Final: Joyce Hughes & Greg Cutler def. Stephanie Washburn & Dennis Cardoza (4) 2 -6, 6-2, 10-5
Semifinal: Joyce Hughes & Greg Cutler def. Stacy Larson & Bill Green 6 -1, 6-0
Semifinal: Stephanie Washburn & Dennis Cardoza (4) def. Jacquie O’Neil & Bill Woodson 6 -2, 2-6, 10-5
Consolation final: Rachel Speliopoulos & Alan Chung (1) def. Cindy Stoneman & Murali J. 6 -3, 3-6, 106
To get a copy of: Friend At Court - The USTA Handbook of Tennis Rules and Regulations: click this link
Board Members (April 2014 to March 2015)Click here to open/close the list of board members
- Jade LeWin
- Gale Kristof
- Operations (Scheduling, Tournaments, Roster, Ranking...)
- Marrisa Francisco
- Vacant -- please contact a board member if you would like to be the board Secretary
- Marge Threewit
- OPEN - Why not volunteer?
- Social Chairman
- David Filani
- Phoenix Tennis Center Upgrade Project
- Jack Romanowicz
- Web Master
- Dick Sheldon
- Awards & Trophies
- John Denboer
- A Men Representative
- Natalie Berquist
- A Women Representative
- Jack Bruso
- B Men Representative
- Vacant -- please contact a board member if you'd like to be the B women's representative
- B Women Representative
- Michael McDonald
- C Men Representative
- Kerry Loudenslagel
- C Women Representative