- New! Thanks to Michael McDonald for volunteering to become the C Men's representative on the Board!
- New! Another small change to the email entry form. Just above the Submit button is a new field to enter the initials of the first entrant, to see if you are a human. And note you no longer need to have a mail client installed on your PC. mptennis.us will send the email for you. Links to the form are in the event listings below. The entry links are specific to the particular tournament, so be sure you select the one for the tournament you wish to enter.
- New! The latest information from the City of Phoenix on the Phoenix Tennis Center upgrade can be found here.
- The PayPal page has been updated once more.Try it! Let us know what you think!
- Points lists include the January results
- The pix in the header are the winners of the January Mixed Doubles tournament. If you move your cursor over the images, they will stop moving. Click on a pic to see the full-size image. Right-click either size to download.
- Please Note: If you aren't getting expected email from Match Point, check your spam folder. If it's in there, you should be able to tell your email client it's not spam. In Outlook, right-click on the email and select "Add sender to safe senders list" from the Junk E-mail sub-menu. In AOL or Netscape, select the email and click on the "Not spam" button.
- You must be a MatchPoint member to play in our tournaments. See "How to Join" for the procedure and more information about the club.
- All tournaments are played at Phoenix Tennis Center, 6330 N. 21st Ave. Phoenix, Arizona 85015 (602) 249-3712
- To enter a tournament, do one of the following:
- Click here to pay your entry fees securely online using PayPal or your credit card. The information you fill in the PayPal form is your entry, and will be sent to Gale automatically.
- US Mail or E-mail: Click the link in the tourney description to see the form, fill it in, and print or send it using the links in the form.
- Phone: Call Gale Kristof at 602.973.1135 (please try to use one of the above methods if you can to reduce the number of calls)
March 2014 Singles tournament
When: Saturday Mar 22, 2014 to Sunday Mar 23, 2014. Matches will be played in the daytime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Mar 15, 2014
Entry fee: $15
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the March Singles tournament.
April 2014 Fun Mixed Doubles tournament
Tennis 9-noon & Annual Meeting after
When: Saturday Apr 12, 2014 to Saturday Apr 12, 2014. Matches will be played in the daytime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Apr 5, 2014
Entry fee: $15
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the April Fun tournament.
Choose-Your-Own-Partner Mixed Doubles January, 2014
Final: Kami Miller & Amit Chawla (1) def. Kim Dever & Usman Nabi (2) 6-2, 6-4
Semifinal: Kami Miller & Amit Chawla (1) def. Ceola Coaston & Joel Robison (4) 6-2, 6-0
Semifinal: Kim Dever & Usman Nabi (2) def. Kristin Morgan & Roy Hester (3) 6-1, 7-64
Consolation final: Vanessa Bennett & Nilo Baylon (5) def. Stevy Eutace & John Denboer (6) 6-1, 6-1
Final: Ana Bates & David Javier (2) def. Jami Becraft & Julio Gamez 6-3, 6-1
Semifinal: Ana Bates & David Javier (2) def. Anna Duffey Gary Vega 7-66, 6-0
Semifinal: Jami Becraft & Julio Gamez def. Rhonda Olson & Dale Cox (4) 3-6, 6-3, 6-2
Consolation final: Mary Van Peursem & Thai Nguyen def. Tania Bennett & David Bennett 6-1, 5-7, 6-0
Final: Lydia Schaefer & Charlie Simmons (4) def. Sherri Van Leer & Pat Roth 3-6, 6-3, 7-5
Semifinal: Lydia Schaefer & Charlie Simmons (4) def. Aileen Weir & Bob Edenhofer (1) 6-3, 6-3
Semifinal: Sherri Van Leer & Pat Roth def. Kerry Loudenslagel & Erick Chino (2) 6-3, 6-2
Consolation final: Susan Rose & Gale Kristof (3) def. Chandra Shanklin & Joe Livesay 7-5, 6-2
To get a copy of: Friend At Court - The USTA Handbook of Tennis Rules and Regulations: click this link
There is an update on the progress of the Phoenix Tennis Center Improvement Project from David Filani. Click here to view the document.
Board Members (April 2013 to March 2014)
- Jade LeWin
- Gale Kristof
- Operations (Scheduling, Tournaments, Roster, Ranking...)
- Roger Honey
- Kathy Becker
- Marge Threewit
- Dave Becker
- Social Chairman
- David Filani
- Phoenix Tennis Center Upgrade Project
- Jack Romanowicz
- Web Master
- Dick Sheldon
- Awards & Trophies
- Paul Harbinson
- A Men Representative
- Charo Deglane
- A Women Representative
- Jack Bruso
- B Men Representative
- Marge Threewit
- B Women Representative
- Michael McDonald
- C Men Representative
- Kerry Loudenslagel
- C Women Representative