- New! The result summary for the February CYOP tourney are below.
- New! Points leaders after the December tourney are in the sidebar
- New! Points earned lists thru December can be found on the Points Listings page in the menu above
- New! The January newsletter is linked in the sidebar
- The members list is updated as of November 4th
- No longer new! Click here to donate toward PTC court accessories.
- Old News! The Match Point Brochure in PDF format is available for download.
Please Note: If you aren't getting expected email from Match Point, check your spam folder. If it's in there, you should be able to tell your email client it's not spam. In Outlook, right-click on the email and select "Add sender to safe senders list" from the Junk E-mail sub-menu. In AOL or Netscape, select the email and click on the "Not spam" button.
- You must be a MatchPoint member to play in our tournaments See " How to Join" for the procedure and more information about the club.
- All tournaments are played at Phoenix Tennis Center, 6330 N. 21st Ave. Phoenix, Arizona 85015 (602) 249-3712
- To enter a tournament, do one of the following:
- Click here to pay your entry fees securely online using PayPal or your credit card. The information you fill in the PayPal form is your entry, and will be sent to Gale automatically.
- US Mail or E-mail: Click the link in the tourney description to see the form, fill it in, and print or send it using the links in the form.
- Phone: Call Gale Kristof at 602.973.1135 (please try to use one of the above methods if you can to reduce the number of calls)
March 2015 Singles tournament
When: Saturday Mar 7, 2015 to Saturday Mar 8, 2014. Matches will be played in the daytime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Feb 28, 2015
Entry fee: $15
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the March Singles tournament.
March 2015 Fun Mixed Doubles tournament
Tennis 9-noon & Annual Meeting after
When: Saturday Mar 28, 2015 to Friday Mar 28, 2014. Matches will be played in the daytime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Mar 21, 2015
Entry fee: $15
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the March Fun tournament.
February 7 & 8 CYOP DOUBLES
Note: 10 point super tiebreaker played in lieu of a full 3rd set
Final: Lenny Maher & Brian Silverstein (2) def. Alvaro Sande & Diego Samaniego (1) 6-3, 1-6, 10-8
Semifinal: Lenny Maher & Brian Silverstein (2) def. Nilo Baylon & John Denboer (3) 6-7, 7-6, 10-8
Semifinal: Alvaro Sande & Diego Samaniego (1) def. PJ Marranca & Chad Russell (4) walkover
Consolation Final: Frank Frounfelker & Paul Harbinson def. Samson Sammeta & Clarence Tucker 6-2, 3-6, 10-0
Final: Stephanie Haldeman & Kami Miller (1) def. Karen Peltin & Karen Taylor (3) 6-1, 6-2
Semifinal: Stephanie Haldeman & Kami Miller (1) def. Charo Deglane & Maria Murillo 6-0, 6-0
Semifinal: Karen Peltin & Karen Taylor (3) def. Lisa Mercier & Kristin Morgan (2) 4-6, 7-6, 10-8
Consolation Final: Sue Kodiene & Kati Puhakainen def. Aleksandra Buha & Patty Medinger 6-3, 6-4
Final: Ronnie Brandon & Bill Starkweather (1) def. Rick Ebel & Devell Jackson (2) 7-65, 6-2
Semifinal: Ronnie Brandon & Bill Starkweather (1) def. Gerardo Casamadrid & Luis Flores 6-3, 6-2
Semifinal: Rick Ebel & Devell Jackson (2) def. Rob Uhl & Randy Zastrow 4-6, 6-2, 10-2
Consolation Final: Magesh Kumar Kannappan & Aditya Nambiar (3) def. Dennis Irby & Dan Skultety 6-4, 6-7,10-5
Final: Joey Ball & Lara Peto (4) def. Leasa Duvall & Barbara White 7-65, 6-3
Semifinal: Joey Ball & Lara Peto (4) def. Christine O’Hayre & Natasha Huzevka (1) 6-2, 1-6, 10-5
Samifinal: Leasa Duvall & Barbara White def. Jessie Guaranda & Carla Wicks (3) 1-6, 6-0, 10-7
Consolation Final: Carolyn O’Brien & Mary Ellen O’Brien def. Sofia Sebesta & Natalie Nofsinger 6-1, 6-2
Final: John Chapman & Dan Lewis (1) def. Jorge Soto & Matthew Michaelson 4-6, 7-6, 10-4
Semifinal:: John Chapman & Dan Lewis (1) def. Robert Gulick & Cal Peters 7-5, 6-2
Semifinal: Jorge Soto & Matthew Michaelson def. Alan Chung & Barry Schulman (2) 6-2, 6-3
Consolation Final: Dave Pool & Marcos Villaverde def. Bob Edgell & Tom Winkler (3) 6-2, 6-3
C Women: 5 Team Round Robin
First Place: Lynda Jimenez & Lydia Schaefer
Second Place: Marge Threewit & Sherri VanLeer
To get a copy of: Friend At Court - The USTA Handbook of Tennis Rules and Regulations: click this link
Board Members (April 2014 to March 2015)Click here to open/close the list of board members
- Jade LeWin
- Gale Kristof
- Operations (Scheduling, Tournaments, Roster, Ranking...)
- Roger Honey
- Kathy Becker
- Marge Threewit
- Dave Becker
- Social Chairman
- David Filani
- Phoenix Tennis Center Upgrade Project
- Jack Romanowicz
- Web Master
- Dick Sheldon
- Awards & Trophies
- Paul Harbinson
- A Men Representative
- Charo Deglane
- A Women Representative
- Jack Bruso
- B Men Representative
- Marge Threewit
- B Women Representative
- Michael McDonald
- C Men Representative
- Kerry Loudenslagel
- C Women Representative