- New! Points leaders after the June tourney are in the sidebar
- New! The July CYOP tourney results can be found below.
- Definitions of the skill levels for the 4 new divisions can be found here.
- Important notice for all Match Point members! For July’s Choose Your Partner tournament no membership fee is required so bring a friend! On a trial basis (for the next four tournaments) Match Point will split into four divisions, A+, A, B and C, starting at the July CYOP tournament. More info to come along with written guidelines regarding how to determine your division of play after the next board meeting on June 21. If you aren’t sure where to enter after the guidelines are released contact your Rep, the new A+ division will be overseen by the A Rep for now.
The purpose of the division split is to address the disparity between the top and bottom of the A and B divisions, therefore the idea is to move the top layer of B players into the A division, and move the high-mid level to top A players into the A+ division.
- Note: Updated Match Point Brochure and "How to Join" info sheet are available for download in PDF format. Use them for yourself or to help a friend learn about the benefits and mechanics of joining up!
- Notice! Starting in April, tournament fees have increased to $20 per player. Membership fees are now $25 annually.
- Oldish! The combined Mar/Apr newsletter is linked in the sidebar.
- Not so new! Points earned by everyone thru April are found on the Points Listings page in the menu above
- Newish! The members list is updated as of May 4th
Please Note: If you aren't getting expected email from Match Point, check your spam folder. If it's in there, you should be able to tell your email client it's not spam. In Outlook, right-click on the email and select "Add sender to safe senders list" from the Junk E-mail sub-menu. In AOL or Netscape, select the email and click on the "Not spam" button.
- You must be a MatchPoint member to play in our tournaments See " How to Join" for the procedure and more information about the club.
- All tournaments are played at Phoenix Tennis Center, 6330 N. 21st Ave. Phoenix, Arizona 85015 (602) 249-3712
- To enter a tournament, do one of the following:
- Click here to pay your entry fees securely online using PayPal or your credit card. The information you fill in the PayPal form is your entry, and will be sent to Gale automatically.
- US Mail or E-mail: Click the link in the tourney description to see the form, fill it in, and print or send it using the links in the form.
- Phone: Call Gale Kristof at 602.973.1135 (please try to use one of the above methods if you can to reduce the number of calls)
August 2015 LOD Mixed Doubles tournament
When: Friday Aug 21, 2015 to Saturday Aug 23, 2014. Matches will be played in the nighttime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Aug 15, 2015
Entry fee: $20
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the August LOD tournament.
September 2015 LOD Doubles tournament
When: Friday Sep 25, 2015 to Saturday Sep 27, 2014. Matches will be played in the nighttime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Sep 19, 2015
Entry fee: $20
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the September LOD tournament.
All but one match completed in spite of late rain showers both Friday and Saturday nights. (As of 7/20)
Final: Amit Chawla & PJ Marranca (1) def. Jose Hernandez & Diego Samaniego (2) 6-1, 6-1
Consolation: Nilo Baylon & Thomas Walker (4) won in a walkover
Final: Karen Peltin & Karen Taylor (1) def. Rebekah Adewumi & Nikolina Vukadin 6-1, 6-1
Consolation: Vanessa Bennett & Carol Corsetti def. Heidi Gottschalk & Susie McArdle 6-1, 6-2
Final: Omar Garcia & Dylan Tevlin (1) def. Craig Abney & Jon Turoczy (2) 7-6, 6-2
Consolation: John Gottchalk & Jonathan Rock def. Jack Bruso & Jason Bruso 6-4, 6-4
Final: Zoe Ketchelidis & ChristiAnne Stephens def. Milena Capezzuto & Nicole Samaniego 6-2, 6-1
Consolation: Sue Kodiene & Kati Puhakainen def. Marla Disarno & Jade LeWin 6-4, 6-4
Final: Joseph Arrington & Jason McKinney def. Rick Ebel & Devell Jackson (1) 6-4, 6-0
Consolation: Steve Krupanszky & Steve Spector def. Dave Becker & Miguel Serrano 3-6, 6-2, 10-8
Final: Christine O’Hayre & Lexie Turley vs. Joey Ball & Lara Peto (3) scheduled for July 27 @ 7:30 p.m.
Consolation: Barb Holcomb & Pam Kinney (1) def. Celina Romero & Carla Wicks 6-1, 6-2
Final: Greg Cutler & Bill Green def. Gay King & Marcos Villaverde 6-0, 6-1
Consolation: Mark Barry & Dave Pool def. Alan Chung & Barry Schulman (1) 6-3, 6-3
Final: Angela Abbott & Julie Gunderson (1) def. Linda Thompson & Sherri VanLeer (2) 4-6, 6-1, 11-9
Consolation: Jacquie O’Neil & Joan Rovig def. Kathy Jager & Rachel Speliopoulis 6-2, 6-0
To get a copy of: Friend At Court - The USTA Handbook of Tennis Rules and Regulations: click this link
Board Members (April 2014 to March 2015)Click here to open/close the list of board members
- Jade LeWin
- Gale Kristof
- Operations (Scheduling, Tournaments, Roster, Ranking...)
- Marrisa Francisco
- Vacant -- please contact a board member if you would like to be the board Secretary
- Marge Threewit
- Dave Becker
- Social Chairman
- David Filani
- Phoenix Tennis Center Upgrade Project
- Jack Romanowicz
- Web Master
- Dick Sheldon
- Awards & Trophies
- John Denboer
- A Men Representative
- Natalie Berquist
- A Women Representative
- Jack Bruso
- B Men Representative
- Vacant -- please contact a board member if you'd like to be the B women's representative
- B Women Representative
- Michael McDonald
- C Men Representative
- Kerry Loudenslagel
- C Women Representative