- Almost new! Click here to donate toward PTC court accessories.
- New! September doubles draws are in the sidebar
- New! The members list is updated as of September 4th.
- New! The August newsletter is in the sidebar and on the Newsletter page
- New! Complete results for the August tournament are listed below.
- Alert! The PayPal page now reminds you to put two entries in your cart before checking out if you are paying for two players.
- Sorta New! The Match Point Brochure in PDF format is available for download.
- Ok, not so new! Results, Newsletters and Points Listing pages linked in the menu bar above have been reformatted for easier use. Historical files (back to 2007 in some cases) are now online, and more are coming.
- Please Note: If you aren't getting expected email from Match Point, check your spam folder. If it's in there, you should be able to tell your email client it's not spam. In Outlook, right-click on the email and select "Add sender to safe senders list" from the Junk E-mail sub-menu. In AOL or Netscape, select the email and click on the "Not spam" button.
- You must be a MatchPoint member to play in our tournaments See "How to Join" for the procedure and more information about the club.
- All tournaments are played at Phoenix Tennis Center, 6330 N. 21st Ave. Phoenix, Arizona 85015 (602) 249-3712
- To enter a tournament, do one of the following:
- Click here to pay your entry fees securely online using PayPal or your credit card. The information you fill in the PayPal form is your entry, and will be sent to Gale automatically.
- US Mail or E-mail: Click the link in the tourney description to see the form, fill it in, and print or send it using the links in the form.
- Phone: Call Gale Kristof at 602.973.1135 (please try to use one of the above methods if you can to reduce the number of calls)
September 2014 LOD Doubles tournament
When: Friday Sep 19, 2014 to Sunday Sep 21, 2014. Matches will be played in the nighttime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Sep 13, 2014
Entry fee: $15
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the September LOD tournament.
October 2014 CYOP Mixed Doubles tournament
When: Saturday Oct 18, 2014 to Sunday Oct 19, 2014. Matches will be played in the daytime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Oct 11, 2014
Entry fee: $15
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the October CYOP tournament.
Here are the winners of the Match Point LOD tourney, August 22-24, 2014.
Final: Maria Murillo & Brian Silverstein (3) def. ChristiAnne Stephens & Nilo Baylon 6-4, 6-1
Semifinal: Maria Murillo & Brian Silverstein (3) def. Patty Medinger & Lenny Maher (2) 6-3, 7-5
Semifinal: ChristiAnne Stephens & Nilo Baylon def. Ann-Marie Anderson & John Denboer (1) 6-2, 7-63
Consolation final: Lisa Bryan & Rahul Rao def. Aleksandra Buha & Jon Westervelt 6-1, 6-3
Final: Natalie Bergquist & Bill Starkweather (1) def. Jessica Guaranda & Randy Zastrow 6-2, 6-1
Semifinal: Natalie Bergquist & Bill Starkweather (1) def. Maria Starkweather & Dave Becker 6-4, 6-3
Semifinal: Jessica Guaranda & Randy Zastrow def. Natasha Huzevka & Alex Pan 1-6, 7-5, 6-3
Consolation final: Joey Ball & Richard West def. Sandra Little & Michael Robert 6-0, 6-2
Final: Aileen Weir & Dave Pool (4) def. Sherri VanLeer & Ray Yonan (2) 7-62, 6-3
Semifinal: Aileen Weir & Dave Pool (4) def. Marrisa Gittisarn & Pat Roth (1) 7-5, 6-4
Semifinal: Sherri VanLeer & Ray Yonan (2) def. Reida Contreras & Michael McDonald (3) 7-5, 6-1
Consolation final: Kathy Jager & Mark Horlings def. Shannon Carter & Ron Turner 6-2, 6-73, 6-2
To get a copy of: Friend At Court - The USTA Handbook of Tennis Rules and Regulations: click this link
Board Members (April 2014 to March 2015)
- Jade LeWin
- Gale Kristof
- Operations (Scheduling, Tournaments, Roster, Ranking...)
- Roger Honey
- Kathy Becker
- Marge Threewit
- Dave Becker
- Social Chairman
- David Filani
- Phoenix Tennis Center Upgrade Project
- Jack Romanowicz
- Web Master
- Dick Sheldon
- Awards & Trophies
- Paul Harbinson
- A Men Representative
- Charo Deglane
- A Women Representative
- Jack Bruso
- B Men Representative
- Marge Threewit
- B Women Representative
- Michael McDonald
- C Men Representative
- Kerry Loudenslagel
- C Women Representative